The Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is pleased to announce that the annual SEPAC Awards nominations are open from Monday, May 2 through Tuesday, May 17. Nominees will be notified virtually again this year, and here is how the process works:
- Families will submit nominations using the Google Nomination Form: https://forms.gle/7c1drqBiKXdGmyJMA
- Each nominee will receive the text of the nomination in an email
- The email to each nominee also will include messages of thanks from Mayor Fuller, Superintendent Fleishman, the School Committee, and the SEPAC Board
- Each nominee will receive a printed award and a small gift that will be dropped off at their school or location in early June
- We will send each Principal a list of the nominees from their schools
For those new to Newton SEPAC, the annual SEPAC Awards are a way to honor Newton Public Schools (NPS) and Out of District (ODD) staff who have gone the extra mile to support our special education students. Nominees span a wide range of staff, including teachers, aides, BTs, therapists, bus drivers, crossing guards, administrators, other support staff, etc. All nominees receive an award. The SEPAC Awards were held in person pre-pandemic, and will be virtual again in 2022.
Feel free to pass this message onto families who may not be on this Google Group.
Please contact the SEPAC Board with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for your participation!
2021-2022 SEPAC BoardSuzanne Buchko, Jessi Champion, Erin Kelly-Makol, Jenny Klein-Sosa, Helen Scarr, Eliza Spaulding