Nominations are still open for the 2021 Newton SEPAC Special Educator Virtual Awards!
Please go to https://forms.gle/M9uHkvhHx1NvvnJ2A to submit your nominations by May 17, 2021.
Here’s how the 2021 “Virtual” Awards will work:
- Families will submit nominations using the Google Form
- Each nominee will receive the text of the nomination in an email
- The email to each nominee will also include messages of thanks from Mayor Fuller, the School Committee, Superintendent Fleishman, Assistant Superintendent for Student Services Beth Fitzmaurice, and the SEPAC Board
- Each nominee will receive a printed award that will be dropped off at their school or location in early June
- We will send each Principal a list of the nominees from their schools
For those new to Newton SEPAC, the annual Special Educator Awards are a way to honor NPS and OOD staff who have gone the extra mile to support our special education students. Nominees span a wide range of staff, including teachers, aides, BTs, therapists, bus drivers, crossing guards, administrators, other support staff, etc. All nominees receive an award. The Awards are usually held in person but will be virtual in 2021 for the second year running. (Fingers crossed for an in-person gathering in 2022!)
Feel free to pass on the nomination link to other families.
Please contact the Board with any questions, and submit your nominations soon!